Many students prefer to carry some medicines personally while travelling and initial stay. Please make sure that you have medicines for acidity, constipation, diarrhea, cold, cough, headaches, stomach aches and nausea.
1) Crocin tablets (paracetamol 500 mg)– 3 strips for fever, bodyache, and headache. One tablet three times a day as necessary. Above 60 kg please use 650 mg tablets. (thermol/dolo for fevers, mild pain relief)
2) Actifed tablets – 2 strips (side effect drowsiness).A costlier but much better alternative is Alerid(cetrizine) or Neoloridin(loridine) has less sedation and next to no side effects
3)Azithromycin 500mg tablets (aziwin) – 3 strips. One tablet once a day for atleast 3 days .Use if you have a bacterial cold or Respiratory infection (most common symptom being dark yellow coloured mucus, fever, etc.). NOT NEEDED FOR ordinary cold (white mucus, watery secretions).
4)Sporidex 500mg capsules – 2 strips. One tablet twice a day when necessary as advised (please don’t use on your own this stuff needs a prescription to be used properly meant only for persistant troublesome infections)
5) Avomine tablets – 1 strip for air/ motion sickness. One tablet as necessary.(causes drowsiness)
6) Lomotil/Andial tablets– 15 (for diarrhea) …. but remember the best treatment for diarrhea is plenty of fluids, some good rest and bland food.
7)Omeprazole 20 mg -For Gastritis and can be take once or twice a day.
8)Digene tablets– 20 for stomach discomfort of each three times a day.
9)Spasmoproxyvon capsules – 3 strips for abdominal colic pain, backache, menstrual pain etc. One tablet every 6 hours or as necessary.
10) Domstal tablets – 10 For vomiting has to be taken at least half an hr before food .
11) Electral powder – 2 packets One teaspoonful mixed with drinks to make up loss of electrolytes after vomiting & diarrhoea
12)Novalgin – 2 strips for headache & bodyache. One tablet as necessary.
13)Brufen 600mg tablets – 2 strips For arthirtic joint pain. One tablet three times a day after food.
14)Avil Tablets – 1 strip for allergy (use cetrizine/loridin for less sedation), One tablet as necessary.
15)Relaxyl ointment – 1 tube to be applied as pain balm.
16)Band Aid assorted – 12
17) Soframycin skin ointment – 1 tube
18)Ciplox capsules 500 mg- 2 strips, 1 cap twice a day for infective diarrheas.
Here is a more detailed list please zoom it to view or subscribe to download the PDF.
Medicines List to Carry For US
[embeddoc url=”http://www.studymsinus.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/med1.pdf” height=”1000px” download=”logged”]
This list is meant for reference. Please consult an authorized Medical Practitioner before buying and taking any medicines.
Please keep the Medical Prescription with you while travelling.